Friday, March 18, 2011

Soft Shorts

Do you love the minky/cuddlecloth fabric in the cold weather months? Did you know it also makes a soft, sweet pair of shorts for your little girl too? I saw the idea somewhere so I thought I would give it a try for my two little cousins. They turned out precious! The fabric is lightweight so I think they will be perfect for spring. Here's a peek at one outfit...


I used Maja's Heirlooms Sophie for the shorts. The pattern doesn't show a ruffle on the shorts so I cut off the hem allowance and added a hemed ruffle. This pair is a size 8. On the smaller pair, rather than hemming the ruffle, I doubled the fabric. I like the look of this but it was more difficult to gather.

We have the following colors of minky/cuddlecloth: Tiffany blue (pale aqua) that I used above; light pink; light blue; white; and chocolate. It makes wonderful appliques too. Wouldn't light pink shorts and a bunny applique be so cute for an Easter Egg hunt?


If you can't visit the shop, call us and we will be happy to fill your order and send it to you!

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

Julia said...

I love the minky dots fabric. I never would of thought of making shorts from it. Thanks for this great idea!