Friday, February 25, 2011

They're Here!




The two laminated fabrics that we ordered at market in January arrived this past week!
I (Jennifer) cannot wait to make my Little Guy a rain jacket from the bicycle print! I love the gray! I plan to use the Oliver + S School Days Jacket & Coat Pattern. I have never made this before or sewn on laminate. I searched the internet for some tips and found two different sites. I am sharing those links with you at the end of the post.


For little girls, I think the daisy print would be precious in a rain jacket but I can also see a darling poncho!!! How fun would that be?! We will be on the look-out for a poncho pattern but I think you could probably find a vintage one online somewhere.
Don't forget to check out the links below. The one from Michael Miller fabrics is from a post on making a splat mat which is another fun use of this fabric! I included it because they give get tips for sewing laminated fabric.




http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/pdfs/Laminated_Tips.pdf

http://www.michaelmillerfabrics.com/Blog/splat_mat_Tutorial.pdf

No comments: